Monday, May 11, 2009

...And Done

GMAT is oh-vah!
I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I didn't do poorly. I scored well enough to get into most of the programs I was looking at, so the disappointment I feel is really just coming from my ego. Yep, I have the little bit of the green monster in me . Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I was laid off...as in, selectively reduced, and subconsciously I wanted to kill the test as if to say "Hey, you can let me go, but I'm still smart!" To whom am I saying that? No idea. Like I said, subconscious, very freaky-Freudian stuff.

Any-who, now back to the business of finding a job, paired with critically examining part and full time MBA programs. Yes, I have decided on an MBA over a masters in a communication derivative. Strangers (who are communication agency owners) and friends alike have told me that's the way to go, and I believe them. Plus, it's nice to have a decision made.

So, here I go, here I go, here I go again...girls, what's my weakness? MEN! Just kidding, Salt-n-Peppa, my weakness is being unemployed, so it's about time to jump on and change that. I am a bit scared, actually. As much of a pain as the GMAT was, it provided a nice shelter from the grim waves of rejection that come with applying for jobs. Ah well, I will be so good at glancing blows by the time I am done!

Watch out, employers, I am tiger, hear me roar.

1 comment: